Drama at King’s Seniors
· For students who are interested in developing their love of Drama outside of the classroom, the department will be providing several extra-curricular opportunities in all aspects of theatre including performing, technical support, directing, marketing, and live theatre appreciation.
· Students work imaginatively in collaborative contexts, generating, developing, and communicating ideas.
· GCSE students are also required to attend theatre visits as part of their course.
· All drama teachers within the Department are AQA GCSE and A-level examiners.
· We have 70 students doing LAMDA Grade 3-8 with 100% pass rate.
· We put on 2 large scale shows a year; a lower school and upper school production.
· We run an annual London theatre Residential and we take a show to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival every two years.
· We have a fully equipped theatre which seats 268 people and two theatre technicians.