English at King’s Seniors
· King’s English teachers are experts in their field and on top of teaching both Language and Literature have experience of teaching A Level Drama and Media Studies.
· Across the department we have experience of marking at GCSE, A Level and IB.
· In total, the department has over 94 years of teaching experience combined and have experience of teaching at some 18 different schools.
· Staff in the department support the school in areas such as football (37 years of football for one!), netball, cross country, CCF and athletics.
· Staff in the department enjoy writing their own novels (just waiting for the right publisher!), have completed LAMDA to Grade 8, taught live on Chinese TV and published articles in National Journals on Medieval Literature.
· Students often get the opportunity to go to the theatre to see the Shakespeare play that they are studying as well as a modern play.
· The department also provides opportunities for creative writing and literary appreciation outside of the classroom environment.