History at King’s Seniors
· Remove History starts with battles at Stamford Bridge and Hastings and moves on to the Norman Conquest. After a fabulous Castles project, we move on to the Crusades, the murder of Thomas Becket, peasant life and the Black Death to name just a few of our topics. You won’t be bored!
· All five of the History and Politics teachers LOVE History trips. Many students when they leave King’s say that History trips are some of their best memories. In the last three years, we have been on whole school Battlefields trips to Holland, Belgium and France. A Level students have been to Berlin and Manchester. We hope to have some exciting news about trips soon.
· We look forward to welcoming lots of Removes to History Club where you can watch films, have the chance to win quizzes, and listen to presentations by students.
· In the Sixth Form, you get the chance to study Politics in Britain and America. It can’t be trump-ed!!
· The course reflects the interest and enthusiasms of pupils and staff, there is an excellent take-up of the IGCSE course.
· Extra-curricular provision in the department allows students to explore interests beyond the syllabus.
· Politics can be taken as a subject at A Level.