· Willow Lodge is a £2.9m purpose-built, eco-friendly school, based in its own self-contained area within The King’s School, Chester. The outdoor space has been designed to maximise opportunities for active learning, sport and exploring.
· Our imaginative and innovative programme of learning is enriched by languages, music and drama, art, IT and P.E. Pupils are taught in small class sizes with the support of a full-time Teacher and Teaching Assistant.
· Come rain or shine, our pupils enjoy weekly sessions in our Forest School. The sessions help to develop communication and problem-solving skills, as well as a love of the great outdoors.
· Pupils can choose from nearly 20 clubs each term, including art; puppet making; story club; speech and drama; dance and yoga. Options in sports include gymnastics; tag rugby; badminton; orienteering and football.
· Before your child joins Willow Lodge, our specialist infant teachers will carry out a careful programme of transition, including nursery/preschool visits; settling in sessions and parent meetings. All of this enables us to get to know and care for your child as an individual.
· The learning of each pupil is extended with regular trips, specialist visitors and interactive workshops throughout the year. These are often based on current topics and each is carefully planned to provide a ‘beyond the classroom’ experience. Trips include museums, galleries, farms and the theatre.
· Regular, high quality parental communication is essential to a successful school-home relationship. Every teacher operates an ‘open door’ policy for parents and can be contacted at any time. ClassDojo, School Liaison book; Pupil Diary; weekly newsletters; written reports and informative parents’ evenings all contribute to strong, happy working relationships with our Willow Lodge parents.