The King’s School, Chester (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is The King’s School, Chester of Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 7QL, a charity registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales with registered number 525934.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Hayley Jordan.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website kingschester.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number as well as preliminary information about your entry to the school (child(ren), name(s) and age(s), proposed term of entry etc.).
- Information we collect about you: This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
More information on how cookies work, which cookies we use and why can be found here.
- Information we receive from other sources: This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data. This also includes information that we receive from business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers etc. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, such contact will only be made by email or SMS, from which you can opt out at any time;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Disclosure of your information” section below);
- The Development and Alumni Relations office may conduct wealth screening and research via a third party to help us understand our alumni and donors and to gain an insight into their philanthropic interests and to gauge their ability to support King’s.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience];
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our pupils, parents and interested parents will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or those of our parents, pupils, or others.
No disclosure or transfer of your information will be to persons or entities outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the EEA in accordance with our data retention policy and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including without limitation:
- installing a secure firewall;
- using antivirus protection software;
- encrypting data;
- carrying out regular backups.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site: any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- the right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- the right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent or we no longer provide your children with education);
- the right to restrict the use of your information;
- the right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- the right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- the right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at the address given below.
If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact Hayley Jordan at the address given below or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (https://ico.org.uk) or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
CONSENT TO CONTACT
If you would like to revoke or amend your consent for The King’s School to contact you via various means, please click here for our Consent Revocation Form.