We employ around 220 staff all with unique skills and abilities. Working here will give you the opportunity to work in a dynamic, stimulating and friendly environment.
In reward for your commitment to King’s, you will receive the following:
If you are considering relocating to the area you may find this Moving to Chester booklet useful.
An opportunity has arisen to take on a key role at The King’s School Chester as part of the Facilities Department. This is an ideal role for a dynamic person who enjoys working at a fast pace with a variety of different tasks, who is self-managed with a strong work ethic, and has a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities will include:
• To complete the facilities procedure for the unlocking and locking of the whole site, ensuring the buildings are secure at all times
• To ensure the effective day to day running of the facilities at The King’s Schools, maintaining the very high standards required.
• To work on tasks presented by the Head of Estates and Facilities Supervisor to ensure that the service delivery and standards are those of a benchmarked elite educational site
• Responsible for the overall set up and arrangement of rooms within the site to serve the business needs.
• Monitor the work carried out by contractors
• Act as a point of contact for external hirers
• Respond to emergencies that may arise and be a key holder
• Carry out maintenance work as required
Why work for us?
• Free onsite parking
• Free lunch
• Discounted food & beverage in our onsite café
• Pension scheme
• Free use of our gym and swimming pool
• 27 days holidays plus bank holidays / time in lieu
• Competitive salary
Hours of work
This position is 37 hours per week, all year round. This role is offered on a shift pattern (5 in 7 days, usually one weekend in four) with the actual shifts as by arrangement with the Head of Estates or Facilities Supervisor. The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to provide cover and ad hoc hours of assistance at request, with notice.
The successful candidate will
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude
• Be able to manage your own workload and have good problem-solving skills
• Have experience in undertaking maintenance tasks
• Hold a valid driving licence
• Have basic computer skills
• Be willing to undertake training when the school advises a date
• Be able to complete all the manual work required
Closing date: 12pm Monday 28th October 2019
We receive many applications for our roles at The King’s School Chester which means it can take us a little longer to shortlist and reply. We aim to respond to all applications within 14 working days, so unless you hear back from us, please assume on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
We are currently in need of midday supervisors to supervise Junior School pupils during the lunch time break. You will be working alongside one other experienced midday supervisor and form part of a busy but cheerful support team.
This is a part time, term time only position working Monday to Friday 11.45am to 1.15pm. The salary for this role is £2,626 per annum.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 25th October 2019