We employ around 220 staff all with unique skills and abilities. Working here will give you the opportunity to work in a dynamic, stimulating and friendly environment.
In reward for your commitment to King’s, you will receive the following:
If you are considering relocating to the area you may find this Moving to Chester booklet useful.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fluent French speaker to join our vibrant and dynamic Modern Languages Department as a French Language Assistant for approximately eight hours per fortnight from January 2020 to May 2020 with the possibility of this being extended.
As a language assistant, the successful candidate will be pro-active and enthusiastic about promoting French across the school. He or she will play an important role in preparing students for examinations, working with students in small groups and assisting teachers in the classroom. He or she will be able to produce resources and lead enjoyable discussions that challenge students while simultaneously building their confidence and ability to converse in both a natural and articulate manner.
A high level of accuracy in both spoken and written French and English will be essential, and the ideal candidate will excel in encouraging our students to engage with current social and political issues in French-speaking countries, drawing inspiration from the media and other authentic sources. Flexibility and a willingness to engage with the broader life of the school is a prerequisite.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent knowledge of the French language; ideally a fluent French speaker
• Be proactive and enthusiastic about promoting French across the School
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess a good command of the English language
• Have excellent administrative skills
• Be confident and well-organised
• Have the ability to meet changing deadlines and work under pressure
• Have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Be flexible and co-operative
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, plus some excellent benefits which include free parking, free lunch, pension scheme, free use of our gym and swimming pool, 27 days (pro rata) holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage in our onsite café, The Terrace.
Closing date: 21st November 2019