Economics at King’s Seniors
· Economics is the study of the factors that influence income, wealth and well-being. It is about choice and the impact of our choices on each other.
· It relates to every aspect of our lives, from the decisions we make as individuals or families to the structures created by governments and firms.
· Extensive support and learning resources are available digitally 24 / 7.
· Unique learning opportunities through the use of OneNote and fully iPad-integrated lessons, making the best use of digital devices including ‘inking’.
· The department has an impressive proportion of students staying with the subject from GCSE to A Level.
· Over two thirds of A Level students choose to study the subjects at degree level.
· At IGCSE, we are the top performing department in the UK.
· There are five members of the department with a wealth of experience in education and business.
· Four members of staff have previously run highly successful Economics and Business departments at other schools.
· The Head of Department is a Principal Examiner for one of the UK’s exam boards, having 25+ years’ experience as a senior examiner.
· Past students have gone on to be high flying management consultants, economists in government and Vice Presidents of major international banks.
· Business can be taken as a subject at A Level.